Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Twas the Night before....



Twas the night before the blog hop and what do you know- Bobbie is here with something to show
Creatin' in the Sticks made me a gift - a little tea pot and a mug rug just gave me a lift!
 
 
 Carla did a fabulous job and stalked my pinterest page to see just what I'd like and she hit the nail (or pin, as the case may be) right on the head!



Aren't they the sweetest things? - She even made me some sweet pins to go with the pincushion! 
 
 
I had so much fun with this hop- its perfect for me - I am a last minute gifter- no matter how hard I try I am always making something on Christmas eve. I must like the adrenaline rush or something!
The other bloggers have shared so many great ideas that will make my gifting easier!

Right now I am in the middle of getting ready for our bazaar which is on Friday. I have been crafting like a mad woman. People donate items in need of TLC and I give it a fluff fluff  here and a spritz spritz there and a couple of la tee dahs - sometimes people even buy their own items back :)

Wreath before
And After


 
My wreaths make a quick and easy non sewing gift.









 
 I also made

kitchen fun on one side

 and Gingerbread on the other

Reversible aprons - my friend mentioned last year that she didn't have a Thanksgiving apron so she was just wearing her Christmas one.   I thought "since I line my aprons anyway, why not make them for Christmas AND Thanksgiving" or another holiday.

 
Peanuts Fall



Peanuts Christmas





 
 





I wore the Peanuts Apron to our Thanksgiving dinner and threw it in the washing machine- I am at work so it is difficult to get another picture of it. My Mom took pictures of it and sent them but the attachment didn't come through- oh fiddle! So I've added a picture of the fabric.



I had to put Trudy's name on her phone case because I wanted to keep it!
These are my "go to" gifts - glasses cases and cell phone cases. I hate losing my phone in the depths of my purse and my friends are always losing their glasses too, so I make these that hook on your purse with just a carbineer hook (sometimes you can get 2 for $1 at Wallyworld) I was going to put my phone in the case so you could see it in there- and then realized- I am taking pictures with my phone....Duh!:)

Thanks so much for stopping by! and our Super duper Santa's Helpers deserve a cuppa hot chocolate and a candy cane for putting this hop together! Thanks Madame Samm and Marlene! You are the best!

Be sure to stop by and see what everyone else is making!

Creatin’ In The Sticks < ----made me the cutest Teapots
From This To That < -----this is ME!
Sew Me Something Good <----- I made her gifts!


It is snowing outside  and a whole 6 degrees tonight
Brrrrr
 
 
A Quilter's Dream come true!
'Twas the night before Christmas,
And the quilts were not made.
The threads were all tangled, the cookies delayed.
The stocking weren't hung, the pantry was bare.
The poor weary Quilter, was tearing her hair.
Stacks of fat quarters, tipped over in streams.
Visions of Log Cabins, had turned into dreams.

When what to her wondering eyes should appear,
But a bus full of quilters with all of their gear.
They went straight to work with just a few mutters,
Sorting and stitching and brandishing cutters.
The patterns emerged from all of the clutter,
Like magic the fabrics arranged in a flutter.
Log Cabins, Lone Stars, Flying Geese & Bear Tracks
Each quilt was a beauty-even the backs.

Her house how it twinkled, her quilts how they glowed.
The cookies were baking, the stockings were sewed.
Their work was all done, so they folded their frames,
And packed up their needles, without giving their names.
They boarded the bus, and checked the next address.
More quilts to be made, another quilter in distress.

She heard one voice echo, as they drove out of sight,
Happy quilting to all and to all a good night!
Author Unknown  -
 

55 comments:

Createology said...

How very clever your last minute go-to-gifts are. And I love how you fluff, spritz and la tee dah bazaar items. Thank you sew very much for participating and swapping/hopping. Creative T'Was the Night Bliss...

Katherine said...

Oh, how clever you are, Bobbie! You do have a knack for craft. Plus, I'm loving your brilliant reversible holidays apron idea. Yes! Thanks for sharing your fun gift ideas (and for spoiling me rotten with the package you sent me!)

Lucky you! I LOVE that teapot Carla made for you. Enjoy!

Judy B said...

Love how you did the wreaths and the reversible apron is a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing and Happy Holidays!!!

Baa. xxx said...

Great wreaths and aprons. And such a lovely tea pot gift you received lucky you!

Carla said...

Brrr. Stay warm, my friend. I'm so happy you liked the teapot pincushion and mug rug. It was fun stalking you. You are a wonder at fluff fluff here and a spritz spritz there and a couple of la tee dahs. That wreath is gorgeous. Your aprons are great with 2 looks in 1. You crack me up wanting to take the picture on your phone in the pouch while taking the picture with you phone. Great ideas! That poem is so cute.

Anita said...

Lovely gifts received and made!

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Beautiful gifts you recived from Carla.
Thanks for sharing yor ideas for Christmas gifts too, lovely!
Bente

Michelle said...

Sweet gifts from Carla. I love to make wreaths too. Great job with all your gifts. That cell phone case is cute.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

You received and made some wonderful gifts!

Jeanie said...

Cute little tea pots from Carla... enjoy! Love the poem... quilters would actually do this, don't you think? Thanks for sharing today!

Dorian said...

Great gifts! Thanks for all the eye candy and ideas.

Anonymous said...

The teapot your received is just cute and looks so easy to make,although there is quite some work in it.
I love your projects, the wratch looks so nice!

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a clever idea - the mug rug to match the tea pot pin cushion! Your wreath refurbished is a great idea and one I'll probably do for myself this year since my wreath is getting a bit ratty! blessings, marlene

Mary Ann said...

First and most important....how do I get my address to the quilting elves on that bus?!? LOL Lovely gifts you received. Love teapots. And the gift ideas you shared are ever so cute. My oldest would adore that Penguin phone holder.(The other one would literally steal your Charlie Brown apron, she loves the Peanuts) Thanks for taking the time to share. Enjoy your holidays.

Sparky said...

lucky lady with pretty treasures..you created some thoughtful gifts too

Thearica said...

Your teapots are too sweet! I know you will enjoy that gift. :)

Thank you for the inspiring projects you have showcased... Our folders are sure to be overflowing by the time this hop is over!

Lovelli Quilts said...

I love to 'la tee dah' things too!! I just didn't have a term for it before reading your blog!! I love your reversible aprons!!

Margie said...

Great pincushion and your recycled projects are great!

Carol Swift said...

Cute, cute teapot from Carla...sweet! I love the idea of a reversible apron and will definitely add that to my to-do list as will a personalized glass case. Thanks for sharing so many great ideas AND making me laugh about the phone...that's something I would do!

Linda said...

Great ideas!! Love that reversible apron!!

sew.darn.quilt said...

Love the wreaths, you can never have too many!

Shannon Meyer said...

I love the phone case!! I do love penguins :0)

Calicojoan said...

Ohhhh how I love the tea pot treasures that Carla sent you! What a fun idea for a bazaar! Your little fluff fluff's bring things back to life! Love the poem! I wanna be on that bus with the rest of em! Not to mention having that bus stop here! LOL!!

Jennifer said...

Carla's tea pot pincushions are just adorable! And your idea of a reversible apron is a great one! Merry Christmas, Bobbie!

Quilting Tangent said...

Cute projects and poem.

Mary said...

Great gifts you received and your ideas for gift giving are so cute. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Corrie said...

That cocoa looks good :). That's a great reminder to double side the aprons. Cute fabrics! The wreaths are wonderful.

tink's mom said...

reversible apron, what a great idea. Love the gifts you got, such a cute little pin cushion.

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

Such a cutie little teapot from Carla...and she even made 'pins'...too wonderful!
You amaze me with your 'fluffin and spritzin'...On Donner & Blitzen...(oops sorry...but the spirit was movin' me)....what great 're-makes' and saving the planet as well!
Reversible aprons! Great idea!Eye glass and phone cases...so cute! Yes, I've had to personalize some things in the past for the very same reason. Thanks for the share!

Joyce Carter said...

Your wreaths look amazing. I really like what you do to them. Love the eye and phone cases,too. But what I love the most are the reversible aprons. Great idea. I make a lot of these but I haven't thought about making them this way. They will be on my to do list now. Thank you for sharing.
I LOVE that pincushion from Carla!

Brandy said...

I love how your repurposed wreath turned out, and that sometimes people re-purchase their own items, that's great. The reversible apron is a great idea too, love the Peanuts fabric. Thank you for sharing!
~Brandy

Gmama Jane said...

What a clever poem!! I copied and pasted it into a word document for later use!! Love that teapot pin cushion and all the other projects as well. Great ideas for me to steal
Gmama Jane

Needled Mom said...

Your gift ideas are wonderful. I love the gifts that you received too.

Scrapatches said...

Adorable gifts from Carla ... enjoy!
Your wreaths and aprons and are lovely. Thanks for sharing in the hop ... :) Pat

CeLynn said...

The teapot from Carla is adorable! As is thelittle owl phone case,I would have a hard time parting with it too!

Wendy said...

love the pincushion you received from Carla ... tempts me greatly to make one! And your phone case ... ultra-adorable!! I can see how you would need to put a name on it or be tempted to keep it yourself ... very cute :) Thank you so much for sharing!

ChitterChatterDesigns said...

That is such a great idea for an apron. Sometimes I give family gifts at Thanksgiving because it gets so difficult to celebrate Christmas with everyone with the weather and other holiday parties getting in the way. We usually manage to get together after Christmas day, and this apron would make the perfect addition to that family gift. Thank you so much for the post, and I hope you have a lovely Christmas! ~Cori

JuliaP said...

Love the teapot pincushion. Great ideas for last minute gifts. Thanks for sharing.

charlotte said...

Wonderful Gifts from Carla. I love your wreaths and aprons. So many creative gifts.

Janarama said...

The gifts you received from Carla are fabulous. Thanks for sharing all of your gifty ideas too!

LJ said...

Loved the poem. My bus load also needs to be able to embroider and do some crafting!! I, too, am quite often working up to the last minute. Thanks for all the ideas - the reversible apron is a great idea for the holidays.

Jane's Quilting said...

I like the reversal apron idea, how clever. And those wreaths, they are so pretty. Thank you for sharing all.

Doris Rice, The Quilting Queen said...

Love the la te dah wreaths! Great upcycle! Lovely aprons too. And wonderful go-to gifts. Carla's gifts are lovely too!

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Thanks for sharing your projects. Luv the reversible apron!

Patty said...

Such very creative ideas. A reversible apron is a nice idea!

Anonymous said...

I love the reversible apron, what a great idea! And in Snoopy fabric too! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
-Brittany

Marcy said...

Wow. You make gorgeous wreaths. Like the apron and its fabric. Hope the bazaar goes well for you.

Cindy said...

Love the idea of a two holiday apron. I should have done that with the christmas one I made. :)
thanks for sharing so many great ideas.

Amy said...

Your gifts are all great. Love the idea of a reversible apron. Carla sent you some lovely teapots. Sew cute. Good luck on your bazaar. Have a Merry Christmas!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Thanks for sharing the Quilters poem. I'd never read it before. It's cute. Lovely gifts you got.

Leanne Parsons said...

Reversible aprons! What a brilliant idea! I love the little poem you shared too.

Mary Pat Callihan said...

Hi Bobbie! Your reversible apron is brilliant and the fabric made me smile. The poem was great!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great ideas for glass and phone cases. And the reversible aprons.

Quilt n Queen said...

Sweet gifts from Carla...I checked out the tea pot pin cushion. Eye glass and phones cases are perfect for quick and easy gift giving...thanks for sharing!! Happy Holidays!!

Leah said...

Your wreaths are beautiful! Another great idea that I want to put on my to do list. Great projects all of them!