Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Blocks of the Month

I have signed up for many a BOM with grand intentions.  I either never remember to download the patterns or download the file and forget about them. Or just plain run out of time.  Sometimes it is a bit of both. That being said
There is a great one over at Fat Quarter Shop and they are teaming up with Moda to raise money for St. Jude's.  It's just way too cute and I *will* be making it. The puppy love block looks just like my nephew's favorite stuffed animal "Dog dog"  I need to make this block for him for sure! I believe there are kits available too.
Quilt Doodles also has a Mystery BOM going on - "My favorite things"  I haven't started it yet but I have a plan for it. There are prizes each month too!
This next one - I'm not exactly sure why I'm so excited about it but I  actually have fabric picked out and I am ready for the first block... Which is not coming out until June.  I love this quilt! It has coffee and tea cups and is adorable. Jacquelynne Steve always has great stuff!  This one is called Cozy Afternoon.  She has kits available here.  I love the fabric she chose, but I have been collecting pinks and greens for a while and decided to use them - all I need to buy is the cream color for the back ground!  I even have backing fabric.  Yippee!
Maybe I will work on the others while I wait impatiently for my Cozy Afternoon! If you'd like to join any of them click the links above! 

2 comments:

Carol Swift said...

I'm not good at keeping up with the BOM's either, but I'm trying! Love your puppy!

Jacquelynne Steves said...

You are going to be very busy with all of those cute bom's! Pretty pink and green fabrics!