Thursday, August 20, 2015

Pets on Quilts Show

Welcome to my second entry for the Pets on Quilts Show 2015
This is for the animal themed Cat-egory.  I had planned to use the Kitties in the Garden quilt as my entry, however I just have to show this instead. 
A few weeks ago  I posted the beginning of this project for the Vintage Lovers Swap on instagram.  My swap partner received her package yesterday so I can share the pictures. (I will share what I received in my awesome package later)  This is my Louis Wain inspired Cat tote.  It was incredibly fun to make.  The interior pockets are made from the same fabric used in the Kitties in the Garden quilt. I used part of a Stonehenge charm pack and dug into my scrap buckets to make the LW cat. 
Be sure to check out the other critters n quilts over at Lily Pads Quilting and leave some comment love- Snoodlz has a prize drawing for those who visit each entry and comment! 
Did you know? 
It is illegal to let your cat run loose in Denver Colorado unless it has a taillight. 
Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited in Barber, North Carolina
It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, or any other domesticated animals. in Zion, Illinois   
Riddle: Is it hard to spot a leopard? Answer: No, they come that way
Riddle: What animals are the best pets? Answer: Cats, because they are purr-fect!
Riddle: Where do cats go when they lose their tails? Answer: The retail shop 

17 comments:

Lara B. said...

That's a really snazzy tote Bobbie! I lbet your swap partner loved it! I love the Pets on Quilts Show!
Hee hee - fun cat facts and jokes. I have to share that leopard joke. I have one for you:
What’s the difference between a cat and a comma?
One of them has the paws before the claws and the other is the opposite!

Heide said...

Your tote is adorable, love the flower eyes and flowery fabric.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Those are cute little kitty prints and made for a very sweet bag.

doloresquilts said...

Very cute bag with kitty prints. Colorful.

Cath said...

Very cute, I love the cat's face, especially the eyes!

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

How cute is that?!? Your swap partner is one lucky lady.

Baa. xxx said...

Great tote! love those kitty prints!

Dana Gaffney said...

I love your tote, that is a beautiful cat print. Thanks for the smiles and laughs :)

Brandy said...

Oh wow, what a neat project. I have not heard of Louis Wain cats and will go investigate when I'm done here. Nice job on the tote!
~Brandy

legato1958 said...

Very pretty kitty tote! The prints are beautiful and fanciful! I am sure your swap partner loved her bag and goodies!
Susie

Pedal Sew Lightly said...

My cat had a close call with the retail shop! All is well now but it took a shaving and a drain tube. Not a pretty sight. Your tote is adorable.

Snoodles said...

Love that tote bag, and this post was fun! Good luck in the drawing!

Christine M said...

What a lovely tote.

Missy Shay said...

What a pretty tote bag!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Very cute tote bag!

Michele T said...

Very sweet tote!!!

Debi said...

Great post! Your tote is adorable and those facts, well they are just too funny.